Kojima Hints At Another Big Game, Teases Future Collaboration With Guillermo Del Toro

Gaming related discussions
jay2
Admin

Kojima Hints At Another Big Game, Teases Future Collaboration With Guillermo Del Toro

Post by jay2 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:44 pm

The final talk at D.I.C.E. 2016 was between Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and movie director/writer Guillermo del Toro. Although del Toro recently stated "I will never again get involved in video games," following the cancellation of InSane at THQ and Silent Hills at Konami, he's a part of games again, at least to discuss them at D.I.C.E. He and Kojima revealed how their paths crossed as well as video games' place in entertainment.

Kojima first met del Toro in Japan for the release of Hellboy 2, but had previously interacted with him when he found out he was a fan of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Del Toro added that when he and Kojima first me they learned they had a lot in common, including anime, toys, and storytelling ideas. He even said they would sing anime theme songs together, Kojima doing them in Japanese, and del Toro in Spanish.

The two creators exchanged praise for each others work, Kojima even showed his appreciation of del Toro's film Pan's Labyrinth when he held up his hands to his head to reveal he drew eyes on his palms, just like the film's the Pale Man character.More here
MD/CEO H&H, ICT help desk analyst, Games tester. top dog